Friday, September 25, 2009

Islands of Adventure: "The Adventure Goes On"







Whether you live in Florida or not, a trip to the theme parks is a must!
I recently visited Orlando and I have to admit, even though I've been there several times already, the thrills and the fun are still there. We got tickets online for 2 parks and were only about $70 (as opposed to the gate price which is higher). Of course, once we got to the parks, it was a sea of people, so we decided to get Fast-Pass tickets (for both parks) for only $30!
I recommend you always check online for ticket and hotel pricing since there are always cheap deals.

The first night, Bryan, Elliot, and I ended up rooming together. Talk about awkward.... but it was fun.
We were on International Drive, right in front of this attraction called The Slingshot, a ride where you're basically launched a few hundred feet into the air (similar to reverse bungee jumping). Of course, no one wanted to ride it with me, so we avoided that one.





Toon Lagoon is one of my favorite parts of Islands. It's so colorful and lively, it feels like being part of a comic book.










Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls is one of the really wet ones! I was almost dragged to it and I thought I would just get wet... but I ended up getting SOAKED! And if you want to get even more wet, you can just stand on the bridge right outside of it. As the boat comes down, it splashes water to the sides.


Jurassic Park's River Adventure is also a wet ride; at first you're on  a smooth boat ride which turns bad once T-Rex finds you. It's a lot of fun but I prefer the Ripsaw Falls over this one.




...aaaand, if you're into big rides, Marvel Superhero Island is the right place for that. I went on Dr. Doom's Fearfall for the first time and it was so much fun! At first you're launched a few feet up and when you least expect it, you're blasted a few HUNDRED feet! This ride reminded me of how much I used to hate heights, so if you get motion sickness, I'd say go on it and get over it!

The Incredible Hulk's Coaster and Dueling Dragons are one of the biggest rides in this park. One of the cars on the Dueling Dragons broke right before we went on it, talk about an adrenaline rush! The best way to get the most out of these bad boys is to go on the front row. Also, make sure to keep your eyes open and your arms up, it feels like you're flying!



City Walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment