Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Buenos Aires Zoo

The Buenos Aires zoo was another one of those “fun times” I had on my last days there. Of course, compared to the zoos we have in the United States, this one wasn’t as wild but it was a cool experience because we were able to get really close the animals. Safe or not, it was fun!


One of the things I really wasn’t expecting to find here was the wide variety of animals (polar bears, panthers, leopards, camels, llamas, etc.). There were also a lot of animals running around lose, somehow, that’s was so surprising.
On the other hand, the living conditions of these animals was actually sad, some of the cages were very small or overcrowded. But then again, the living conditions in any zoo are upsetting. What animal would want to live in a cage for the rest of its life, entertaining people?




Mama and baby goat







Feeding the antelope


Look familiar? It's the famous monkey from The Lion King. Called Mandrill.




Believe it or not, this lizard was actually running around loose. Yikes!




My sister was feeding the llamas.





My sister is responsible for the next few pictures (the snake series). Due to my snake phobia, I couldn't even dare to open my eyes.












This shark was only about 30 cm. long! Definitely not like the ones we have in America!


Another one of those little guys running around unleashed. This is a Patagonian Mara (above)
and a “nutria” (below).









1 comment:

  1. My god ! those pictures are incredible ! way to go dude ! I'm traveling around argentina and searching for apartment rental Buenos Aires to go there for 3 weeks or something, i'm definitely going to the zoo !

    ReplyDelete